If you use Clairol Natural Instincts to dye your hair – take notice! Proctor & Gamble has recalled 10 shades of Clairol Natural Instincts.
According to Stylist the company was alerted in late March that something went awry with their popular hair color line. Someone who had used the product contacted P&G after they experienced an unwanted color result, spokesman Brent Miller told StyleList.
After investigating the claims, P&G discovered that the ColorFresh! Revitalizer — a refresher that is applied two weeks after the initial color to enhance the hair’s tone — was mismatched in 10 Natural Instincts hair color kits.
The shades recalled include:
• Natural Instincts Shade 16 Light Auburn (Spiced Tea)
• Natural Instincts Shade 35 Brown Black (Ebony Mocha)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 03G Light Golden Blonde (Honey Creme)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 7.5 Dark Blonde (Maple Creme)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 21G Medium Golden Brown (Caramel Creme)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 23R Medium Auburn (Raspberry Creme)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 30R Dark Auburn (Cherry Creme)
• Natural Instincts Creme Shade 31 Darkest Brown (Coffee Creme)
• Natural Instincts Vibrant Shade 9 Natural Light Blonde (Blonde Vibrance)
• Natural Instincts Vibrant Shade 10 Extra Light Blonde (Sun-Kissed Blonde)
However, P&G confirms that the hair color in the kit is correct and anyone who has purchased any of the products with the aforementioned shades is urged to toss it.
But don’t worry that you’re throwing away hard-earned dollars in the trash. The company is stepping up to the plate and issuing refunds and providing color correction services.
“The quality of our products and satisfaction of the women who use them is our top priority,” Miller told StyleList. “P&G corrected the issue and will have product back on the shelf in May 2011.”
Head over to www.clairol.com/alert for more details.