Instyle helps you get the amazing silver look sported by Jennifer Hudoson at the Grammys.
Tonal Silver Eye Shadow
Jennifer Hudson’s eye shadow at the 2011 Grammy Awards may have looked simple, but it was actually the product of artful and purposeful layering. A silvery shade at the inner corners fades to a slate gray at the outer edges; brownish rosy shadow along the brow bone adds dimension and warmth. Take a cue from the songstress and start with lighter colors and work outwards—it brightens your eyes and opens up your face
Here are five surprising facts about Irina Shayk, the cover model for Sports Illustrated’s 2011 swimsuit issue from The Hollywood Reporter:
1. She is a coal miner’s daughter from a tiny Russian village called Yemanzhelinsk. “I’m from a very, very small city in the middle of nowhere; it’s actually like one street, and everybody knows everyone,” Shayk, 25, said on NBC’s Today show Tuesday.
2. She’s appeared in the magazine’s swimsuit issue since 2007. Discovered in 2004 while on a three-day train ride from Chelyabinsk to Moscow, Shayk has gone on to grace various magazine covers and headline ad campaigns for Lacoste and Guess. After posing for SI’s Swimsuit issue for the past five years, she said on the Today show: “To be on the cover of Sports Illustrated is a dream come true.”
3. She wasn’t expecting the cover. She didn’t learn the big news until she appeared on the Late Show With David Letterman Monday. “There were 10 models there to do the Top 10 List, and nobody knows until the last minute who the cover will be,” she told the Associated Press. “And then I saw it, and I couldn’t believe it.”
4. She’s dating international soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo. She played coy when asked about the romance on the Today show. “You can ask, but I wouldn’t respond,” she said. “We Russians, we like to keep secrets — you know, KGB, Russian spy!”
5. She never diets. “I do work out five times a week, but I’m never dieting,” she said. “I try to be healthy because to be happy and healthy on the inside shows on the outside.”
Don’t you just love hearing that supermodels don’t diet.
Teen “fave” makeup brand launches program to bring the glamorous life to deserving high school proms.
City of Industry, CA (January 2011) – For many teens who dream of a magical prom, the reality can be disenchanting: low funding can lead to drab décor, dispiriting tunes and disagreeable munchies for a night destined to be remembered in shades of gray. But if anyone knows how to add some color, it’s wet n wild®! The value-driven, color-wowing, always-fabulous cosmetics brand has made its mark turning everyday into a glamorous day–and prom is no exception. In January 2011, wet n wild® launches wet n wild® CARES, a nationwide charity program to support proms at 10 deserving high schools.
wet n wild® CARES will provide 10 high schools with $1,000 to make their prom dreams a reality. Starting January 21, 2011, schools can enter online at wnwbeauty.com or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In a letter, video or however they desire, schools will explain their need and why they deserve a sponsorship for their prom. In addition to the monetary donation, wet n wild® will give all of the selected schools $1,000 worth of makeup–hot products in hot, hot shades to get the party started. Entries are due by March 4, 2011. Winning schools will be announced on March 11, 2011 and will be featured on wet n wild®‘s website wnwbeauty.com, which will display photos from the big bashes and glamorized students using wet n wild® swag.
During the submission process, schools will also encourage students to sign up as wet n wild® VIPs. This completely free program delivers the inside scoop on all things wet n wild®! Exclusive access to new products, special savings, beauty tips and fresh looks gives students all they’ll need to look their best whether in the classroom or at the prom.
About wet n wild®
For more than three decades, millions of women around the globe have discovered their wild side using wet n wild®, makers of affordable, prestige-inspired cosmetics. A division of Markwins North America, wet n wild® fuses high-performance formulations with the hottest color palettes to offer women a full range of department store quality cosmetics at an unbeatable value. wet n wild® cosmetics are available in Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Albertsons, Brooks, Longs, Duane Reade, Meijer, Fred Meyer, as well as other drug, mass and food markets nationwide.