Check out some behind the scene footage of the effortlessly cool Gwen filming her L’Oreal Prefernece ad. Love Her!
This summer, take a break, relax, and get away for some fun. Inspired by the first sip of a cool, sweet cocktail on a sun-soaked summer day, Marc Jacobs introduces a refreshing scent that’s vibrant in color and crisp to the senses. Indulge in the simple pleasures of summer.
Pink Grapefruit, Cranberry Pulp, Bergamot, Tangerine, Ginger Flower, Honeysuckle, Ozonic Accord, Red Currant, Vetiver, Icy Musk, Precious Woods, Exotic Woods.
Fruity. Citrus. Refreshing.
I colored my hair last week, and I love it so much, I never want it to fade! So how do I keep the color longer? Here are some tips from SheKnows!
1. Wait a few days after your last shampoo before heading to the salon. Natural oils on your scalp (that you wash away when you shampoo) help color penetrate hair follicles. Waiting a day or two after your last shampoo before you apply color also helps protect your scalp from irritation — which can happen if you have sensitive skin.
2. Go as long as you can without shampooing after color is applied, too. This gives tresses time to absorb color completely. If you wash your hair too soon, any color that hasn’t been absorbed yet goes down the drain (literally). And that means your color will fade sooner than if you’d waited.
3. Your color fades slightly with every shampoo, in part because of the sulfates some shampoos contain. Aim to wash your hair every other day — less often, if you can.
4. Opt for a shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair, which help protect it from the sun and pollutants that can cause premature fading. Some also help boost your hue temporarily by depositing just enough color to revive your shade. Avoid shampoo and conditioner that contain sulfates or sodium chloride, which can break down and fade color. Take a look at our picks for the best products for color treated hair.
5. Hair treatments involving chemicals, such as perms, relaxers and straighteners, can wreak havoc on your brand new hue. They can dry out your hair (a no-no if you want color to last), alter your color and speed the fading process.
6. When you’re in the shower or rinsing your hair, avoid very hot water; it has a tendency to strip your hair and dry it out. If you can stand it, rinse your hair with cold water once before getting out of the shower. This helps close the cuticle and makes your hair smooth and glossy — plus, you won’t need coffee to wake you up!
7. Moisturized hair maintains color a lot longer than dry, brittle hair. Minimize your use of of blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons to help keep hair from drying out. Deep condition your hair once a week for added hydration. Soften hair with these deep conditioning secrets.
Girlactik Beauty, a luxurious line of beauty products has teamed up with Dancing with the Stars,’ Karina Smirnoff, to produce a new collection called KS for Girlactik Beauty. As part of this long term partnership, Smirnoff will help communicate her fashion-forward point of view to consumers and beauty influencers ensuring the Girlactik Beauty brand continues to be seen as the luxurious yet affordable line of makeup accessible to women of all ages and ethnicities.
These are the best – most amazing- perfect colors in makeup history. I don’t know what it is, but the colors are just absolutely perfect! I love very natural looking makeup, and these are the best natural colors I’ve used in a long time! The eyeshadow is the perfect color! I just love the whole package – bravo Girlactik!
“I am very excited about the partnership with Karina,” said Galit Strugano, makeup artist and founder of Girlactik Beauty. “What I love most is that we both have a passion for makeup and make a great beauty team!”
“Girlactik Beauty creates innovative products with great colors and textures that are also beneficial to your skin, says Karina Smirnoff. “ I am excited to partner with a brand I have been a long time fan of.”
Smirnoff first approached Strugano last summer, after Girlactik Beauty products were used on her and other Dancing with the Stars cast members. With high definition television showing every detail and highlighting every flaw, good makeup is important than ever for these celebrities and pro dancers on the show. Smirnoff loves how Girlactik Beauty products produce a flawless look, are easy to use, and are beautifully packaged.
The KS for Girlactik Beauty collection includes Karina’s Flirty makeup in a bag and her favorite Girlactik colors. It is available for purchase online at www.girlactik.com and www.karinasmirnoff.com.