When it comes to looking beautiful, Heidi Klum doesn’t believe you’re either thin or you’re out.
In fact, the Project Runway star, 37, says that as women age, bigger is better.
“The ultimate beauty secret for a woman getting older is, Don’t be too thin! It is always better to have a little meat on your bones,” Klum tells Self in the December issue.
“When you are just muscle, you end up being gaunt in the face, and that makes you look older by 5 or 10 years.”
The model, who recently ended her professional relationship with Victoria’s Secret, also says she doesn’t sweat growing older – or getting wrinkles. “I don’t have anxiety about it, so I’m not running to get Botox. Maybe that will change, but I don’t think so. I feel comfortable in my skin and comfortable with aging, so I think it’s okay that I get wrinkles.” More »
Urban Decay Book of Shadow Volume .III
A gorgeous collection of colors I know a few people on my list who would love this kit.
Totally obsessed with The Big Apple? So are we (how could anyone NOT be?) Inspired by the glimmering lights and iconic landmarks of New York City, Book of Shadows Vol III features 16 eyeshadows that go way beyond neutrals and brights, including SEVEN NEW shades with names like Loaded, Rockstar and Money. We’ve also included nine best-sellers in a range of sizzling textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.
* Bordello Purpley-pink with gold shift
* Kush Bright green
* Loaded Deep emerald/black
* Money Silvery pale green
* Radium Bright blue
* Rockstar Deep eggplant with metallic base
* Suspect Oyster with dimensional shift
* Haight Shimmering, mermaid blue (Permanent)
* Psychedelic Sister Purple amethyst (Permanent)
* Snatch Peachy-pink with glitter (Permanent)
* Last Call Plum punch (Permanent)
* Maui Wowie Medium gold with silver glitter (Permanent)
* Midnight Cowboy Rides Again Golden beige with bronze, gold, and silver glitter (Permanent)
* Smog Deep coppery bronze (Permanent)
* Perversion Matte jet black (Permanent)
* Uzi Metallic silver with big iridescent sparkles (Permanent)
* Ransom 24/7 Eye Pencil
* Zero 24/7 Eye Pencil
* Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Travel-size)
Check out Nubar’s 10th anniversary nail polish.
This clear topcoat is filled with tiny reflective flakes that subtly shimmer in hues of green, orange, or gold, depending on the light and your base color.
It does double duty as a cool complement to almost every polish shade, and as a secret weapon that disguises a not-so-perfect DIY manicure. And worn solo, the lacquer is chic update to the multicolored, extreme glitter look you rocked back in middle school.
What are you waiting for? Better get glowing.
BUY IT HERE!
These pretty (not pricey!) accents will help you glow this holiday.
Thanks to reflective “pearls” mixed into the pigment, Almay’s shadow trio will make your eyes shine ($7.50, Walmart).
This party-perfect statement necklace mixes strands of pearls, faux diamonds, gold chain, and beads ($18, amiclubwear.com).
Pretty peep-toes covered in antiqued gold rosettes add a romantic touch to an evening out ($50, chineselaundry.com).
WAIT! Check out the rest of the 7 products after the jump! More »