Ricardo Rojas kept Jessica Chastain looking red-carpet ready this weekend for London’s star-studded events using Wella Professionals. Looking as beautiful as she did at the 2012 ELLE Style Awards held on February 13th, it is no wonder why Jessica Chastain was honored with the NEXT Future Icon Award. Read on for Ricardo’s tips and tricks!
Jessica Chastain Embodies Modern Goddess Beauty Celebrity Stylist Ricardo Rojas Shares Red Carpet Tricks To Get Her Hair
Celebrity hairstylist Ricardo Rojas shares his styling secrets on how he created Jessica’s fresh new ‘do. The look was inspired by the 1950s Alexander McQueen dress Jessica donned for the event. “Jessica and I spoke a lot about texture, with a Renaissance influence. Her beautiful red haircolor is reminiscent of the 16th century, Leonardo da Vinci, very Boticelli-esque. So we drew on various inspirations to come up with this look, which ultimately I’d describe as young, youthful Renaissance.” The ponytail had a lot of texture and body to imitate a modern version of a Grecian goddess.
1. Prepare west hair with Velvet Amplifier for smooth styling.
2. Dry the hair perfectly using the Ricardo Rojas Tango Brush, separating the hair in small pieces.
3. Using 1/2 inch curling iron, section by section from top to the bottom, I curled the hair under.
4. Then spray each section with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to set each one and pin curl them carefully.
5. I let the curls set while her make-up was done.
6. I took all the hair down, removing the pins and gently brushed out the curls.
7. Using a ponytail holder with a hook in the ends, I secured the ponytail in place while keeping the frame loose around her face so there was texture in the front.
8. Finish with Stay Essential Finishing Spray to maintain the style.
I love Adele, such a gorgeous girl with a voice that is heart stopping. Congrats on her 6 Grammy wins, she looked and sounded flawless last night.
Get Adele’s Grammy Look With Koh Gen Do!
Adele stole the show last night walking away with 6 Grammys Award wins and an incredible performance! However, it was her absolute flawless complexion that got all the attention on the red carpet. Celebrity makeup artist Daniel Martin shares his tips on how to recreate the look using high-definition Koh Gen Do Cosmetics.
1. Apply Koh Gen Do Moisture Concealer ($54) to cover discolorations, dark circles and prime eyelids. The smooth, soft texture applies evenly, allowing sheer layering that fits perfectly onto skin with long wearing results. 2. Moisturize the skin while you cover imperfections with Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation ($62). Koh Gen Do’s Aqua Foundations balance the conditions of ions on the skin’s surface with rich minerals and nutrients. 3. To set foundation, apply Koh Gen Do Maifanshi UV Face Powder ($42). The fine pearl powder fits into uneven skin surfaces, camouflaging pores and fine lines. 4. Finally, brush cheeks with Koh Gen Do Fresh Face Cheek Color in Apricot Peach ($41) for a natural, long lasting wash of color.
Available at select Barneys New York and Sephora locations and online at www.barneys.com, www.sephora.com and www.kohgendocosmetics.com
I want to tell you about “The Essential Ingredients of Your Life” video competition that Lumene will be launching tomorrow to celebrate its expansion in the United States. Consumers will be asked to submit a 1-minute video that details what they consider to be the essential ingredients of their lives, reinforcing Lumene’s dedication to using only the purest ingredients to illuminate one’s natural beauty.
Based on consumer feedback and voting, a jury panel will select one grand prize winner, as well as three runner-ups. The grand prize includes:
Round-trip flights for two to Finland
Hotel accommodations for 4-nights
Spa treatment for two at Kamp Spa
A year’s supply of Lumene products
The runners-up will each receive a VIP gift basket filled with Lumene’s best-selling products. Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2012.
By Jocelyn - Monday, February 13th, 2012 at 2:14pm
After weeks of speculation, the rumors were right - Kate Upton IS Sports Illustrated’s latest Swimsuit Issue cover girl!
Upton, a blonde Midwesterner, was a rumored favorite for the cover, which has a history of launching swimsuit models to superstardom (Brooklyn Decker, anyone?).
The cover shot, which has been leaked today but will officially debut this evening on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” shows Upton in a barely-there string bikini, doing our favorite “armpit pose.”
It’s a huge score for the Michigan native, previously the face of Guess Lingerie and a covergirl forCosmopolitan Bride. The 19-year-old was rumored the favorite, Page Six previously reported, because of her “blond, all-American looks” (a clear shift from last year’s cover girl, Russian beauty Irina Shayk).
The one Sports Illustrated issue I’ll actually look at!
PS: Is it just me, or does her nether region look really freaking weird. It’s like it’s GONE. That’s the smallest bikini bottom I’ve ever seen!