Music’s biggest night celebrated the 57th Grammy Awards and stars showed off their “gotta get it” hair styles! Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert, shares her favorite Grammy styles and steps for how your readers can recreate these looks for their personal red carpet event.
Gwen Stefani’s Disheveled French Twist
“This Disheveled French Twist can be as casual a look as you like, to dress up or simply where slightly disheveled to tone down your evening wear.” – Jenny Balding
- Start with day old hair as you’ll have some texture in your hair and it will be easier to manage
Use dry shampoo to really boost the texture of your roots (Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo is excellent).
- Spray throughout your roots and even the mid-lengths to create body and texture. Shake through with your fingers.
- Use a light hairspray for a little hold – Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray works best as it is a versatile spray. Mist over all and shake up with your hands to really create body and movement.
- Section out the crown and front area and pin to one side.
- Sweep the sides and back together and then twist upwards and pin. Make sure to use hairpins (U shaped pins) so they can really anchor the hair.
- Take the top section , brush lightly, then let it drop gently to one side
- Loosen the hairline a little with your fingers to work suits your face shape.
- To finish, add a little shine by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over – this is very light but gives just the right amount shine you need.
Jessie J’s Sleek Bob
“The sleek bob compliments an interesting outfit as it has cleans lines and a sleek finish giving a more creative edge.” – Jenny Balding
- Part your hair to whichever side suits your face shape best.
- Blow dry really smooth and straight to create the sleek effect.
- To create a really sleek finish, use a straightening iron from midlength to ends.
- Finish by using Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to create the ultimate shine