Congratulations to our winners: Anna B and Gail please watch your email inbox!
I am sure a lot of you grew up reading the Anne of Green Gables books. I think I read the series so many times I memorized them. Add that to countless slumber parties trying to watch the whole video series.
For all of our Anne fans we have a very special contest sponsored by Sullivan Boutique two lucky readers will win in this contest.
– Enjoy the delights of strolling through gardens filled with sun-kissed flowers. Anne Shirley captures all of the subtle bouquet of simpler times in Avonlea, Prince Edward Island. A clean, blossom-filled fragrance that contains all the glory of Anne’s ‘White Way of Delight’! Retail price: $29.99
Anne of Green Gables Tote Bag
– Get your choice of one of our two Anne of Green Gables Canvas Bags. Both bags promote a green lifestyle and feature a inspirational quote from Anne herself. Choose from either “I never do the same wrong thing twice” or “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it”. Bag measure 13″ x 13″ x 5″ Retail price: $4.50
Check out the prize and other great items at http://www.sullivanboutique.com
- There will be 2 winners.
- One Winner will receive one bottle of Anne perfume and a Anne of Green Gables tote bag.
- Enter by leaving your name and email address in the comments!
- Contest runs Monday, 7/13/09 to Friday, 7/17/09
- US residents only
- Please only enter once
- After the winners have been announced, you will have 48 hours to respond.
My favorite mascara for the last year or so, has been Covergirl’s Lash Blast. It’s going to take a pretty amazing mascara to make me switch. I really liked this new mascara from CARGO, but I don’t know if it’s going to win me over. One thing I really like about this CARGO mascara, was how it made my eyelashes look. Each eyelash stands out on it’s own, not clumped together with it’s neighbor. I really liked this a lot – and look forward to seeing what my eyelashes look like after 30 days!
LashActivator by CARGO is a unique primer and/or mascara that is proven to boost the appearance of lashes in just 30 days!
CARGO LashActivator™ contains a nourishing blend of ingredients that has been proven to visibly increase the appearance of lashes’ length and fullness. The formula is made with a unique, multi-faceted complex, which contains Marine Algae extracts to increase the appearance of lash density, citrus-derived Flavonoids to promote microcirculation for optimal lash health, and a Peptide-biotin complex to slow the rate of lash loss. It’s gentle on sensitive eyes and the flexible rubber wand was specifically designed to build and separate each lash for a full, fan-like effect. Finally, a safe and effective way to achieve those gorgeous lashes you’ve always dreamed of!
$35.00 – BUY IT HERE!
You don’t have to be a king or queen to pamper yourself like one—the Kings & Queens Royal Favorites ($8) or Kings & Queens Bar Soaps ($6) lets you indulge like a prince and spend like a pauper. Filled with five favorite fragrant Showergels, the set gives you a new way to pamper every day. And at just $8.00, the set is a royal steal.
Work up a luxurious lather of royal bubbles in the following aristocratic varieties:
• Nefertiti Honey Showergel
• Chinese Princess Jasmine Showergel
• Queen Isabella Cinnamon Orange Showergel
• Emperor Akbar Mango Showergel
• Sultan of Granada Lemon Flower Showergel
Or try the Kings & Queens Bar Soaps in:
• Kings of Sumatra Pepper Bergamot
• Nefertiti Honey Showergel
• Queen Isabella Cinnamon Orange
All Kings & Queens products are mineral oil-and paraben-free and enriched with “The Royal Mix,” a blend of Pomegranate, Blue Egyptian Lotus and Malachite extracts containing Hazelnut, Grape, Sunflower and Avocado Oils. The purple fruit of Pomegranate, with benefits of Polyphenolic compounds and Vitamin C, has a crown-like top, which is why it is displayed on the coat of arms of many Royal Houses. The flower of the Blue Lotus was the most popular ancient Egyptian symbol of glory and eternal life for gods and mortals alike containing bioflavonoids, such as quercetin and rutin and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Malachite was used by Russian Tsars to decorate their palaces to lend extra energy and bring harmony by detoxification the body and healing skin tissue.
The line reflects the true decadence of royals past with an imaginative, modern twist. This fun, irreverent range of beauty products is for fashion, style and design conscious urbanites who are always on the lookout for an affordable statement choice. Get ready like a royal, start the day like a sovereign, make like a monarch.
WHERE TO FIND IT: Select Nordstrom locations
Celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey did Lancôme ambassador Kate Winslet’s makeup and gave us the scoop on the makeup she used. Jillian wanted to play up Kate’s eyes, cheeks and lips. She used Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eyeliner in Black on the upper lash line first and then applied dark brown eyeliner and smudged it on the lower lashes. Next, she lightly dusted Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in Chic on the eyelid.
To make Kate’s eyes pop, she added a few coats of Lancôme Ôscillation Mascara in Black. Next, Jillian added some color to the apples of the cheeks by custom blending several shades of coral, peachy blushes together. Jillian opted for a classic red lip and finished the look with Avon Pro-to-Go Lipstick in Cherry Glisten. Kate looked stunning as she accepted the first award of the night for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Reader!