NEUTROGENA®, the #1 dermatologist recommended skincare brand, is thrilled to introduce a fresh face to its roster: multi-talented teen actress Bella Thorne. Known for her role on Disney’s Shake It Up, Bella has always been an avid NEUTROGENA® fan, and has the beautiful skin to show for it.
“I am super excited to be joining the Neutrogena family because I have always truly loved this brand. What I love most about being a NEUTROGENA® Ambassador is being able to share a positive message about healthy skin,” said Bella. “Beauty to me means beautiful on the inside. Fresh faced when you wake up in the morning. That is beautiful.”
A perfect example of a NEUTROGENA® girl, Bella balances her multi-faceted entertainment career while making her skin health a number one priority. Bella joins fellow NEUTROGENA® Brand Ambassadors including: Jennifer Garner, Julie Bowen, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union, Hayden Panettiere, Emma Roberts, Kristen Bell and Sandra Echeverria.
BEHIND THE LOOK: BROOKE BURKE-CHARVET on NEW YOU magazine’s Spring 2014 cover on newsstands now
Celebrity makeup artist Spencer Barnes and hair stylist Paul Norton explain the natural, fresh Spring look they created for the Dancing with the Stars host
“For this look I was inspired by Brooke’s radiant personality. Brooke is warm, light-hearted, playful and kind. So I wanted her look to be fresh – yet defined. I played up her natural beauty by choosing colors that were more neutral and complimented her complexion.” – Spencer Barnes for Solo Artists. Spencer’s clients include Amy Adams, Amber Heard, Jessica Biel and Olivia Wilde.
A prominent Spring makeup trend, natural and nude faces softened up the Spring 2014 runways at shows including Alexander Wang, Balmain, Jean Paul Gaultier and Chloé. A neutral look allows for the clothes – and the woman – to take center stage.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK: HAIR
“Brooke’s look for her cover shoot was intended to look healthy and shiny. First, I applied Oribe Gandioes hair plumping mousse to dampened hair and tousled dry also using a medium sized round brush to round out the ends of the hair. I then took a couple of random sections throughout the hair and with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron bent the hair back away from the face and I then used Oribe Shine Light Reflection spray to give the hair a nice luster and shine. Lastly, I had Brooke flip her head upside down and I ran my hand throughout her hair and broke up the hair bringing much more life to the look. I then sealed the deal with Loreal Elnett hairspray and we were able to begin shooting!” – Hair Stylist Paul Norton for Tracey Mattingly, who has worked on celebrities including actresses Robin Wright, Brit Marling and Elizabeth Banks, among others.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP
- Kevyn Aucoin – The Primed Skin Developer
- Kevyn Aucoin – The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm
- Make Up For Ever – Velvet Finish compact Powder 01
- Kevyn Aucoin – The Celestial Bronzing Veil
- Smashbox – Softlights Prism
- Diorshow Brow Styler – Universal Brown
- Piret & tamara – Eye Silk – seashell
- Merle Norman – Soft Touch Eye Pencil in Earthy
- Lorac Pro Eyeshadow palette – gold, sable, bronze & deep purple
- Kevyn Aucoin – Lash Curler
- DiorShow – Iconic Mascara in black
- Clé de Peau Beauté – Concealer – Ocher
- Chanel – Joues Contraste Powder Blush – Rose Orchid No. 15
- Ben Nye – DC Contour No1
- Kevyn Aucoin – Medium Neutra-Nude lip liner
- Elizabeth Arden – Beautiful Color Luminous Lipgloss
Check out more behind the scenes from Brooke’s cover shoot with New You magazine at www.NEWYOU.com.
For Kat Denning’s red carpet beauty at the People’s Choice Awards, Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen created an elegant look that was all about lashes and lips. Bold berry lips complemented her red roses dress. Here’s how to get the look:
1. First, Lauren groomed Kat’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
2. Next, she used Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Blackout across the lash line.
3. For mega lashes, Lauren applied Ardell Fashion Lashes 122 and then painted on Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
4. Lauren gave Kat’s cheeks a fresh ginger glow by applying Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Coral Radiance to the apples.
5. To top off the look and make a big bold beauty statement, Lauren used Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Radiant Raisin on Kat’s lips.
mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created Beth Behrs‘ sultry beauty look for the 2014 People’s Choice Awards. Here’s how to get the look:
1. Prep the face with Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and then apply mark’s Got The Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion SPF 15 all over.
2. Apply mark’s Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer under the eyes, then sweep mark’s Touch and Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes across cheekbones.
3. Next, apply mark’s Please Hold Eye Primer all over the eye lid and apply mark’s On The Dot Smokey Color Compact in navy (bottom right shade) to the outer corners of the eye.
4. Line the top lash line with Avon’s SuperShock Gel Eye Liner Pencil in Blackout and the bottom lash line with mark’s No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Jet Set.
5. Finish the eyes with three layers of Ardell Natural Individual Lashes and two coats of bareMineral Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara.
6. Complete the look with mark’s Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Coral Fixation.
Avon Twitter: @AvonPRGals
Photos Courtesy of Avon.