(Photo credit Getty Images)
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014
Look by Monika Blunder for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Monika Blunder created an “effortless, Parisian- chic” look for actress and model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Blunder was inspired by the youthfulness and glamour of Huntington-Whiteley’s dress, and kept her makeup looking “fresh.”
- First Blunder prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, ($33).
- Then, using her fingers, she applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (launching Fall 2014) all over her face.
- She used Laura Mercier Camouflage Powder Brush, ($28) to apply Laura Mercier Seecret Camouflage, ($33) – covering any of her skin’s imperfections.
- Blunder blended Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2, ($23) under Huntington-Whiteley’s eyes with a Laura Mercier Finishing Eye Brush, ($32).
- To ensure her makeup stayed in place all night, she applied Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, ($35).
- Using Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush, ($45) she applied Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder #3, ($36).
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, ($40) to add a beautiful glow to her skin.
- First, Blunder applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Buff, ($25) onto Huntington-Whiteley’s eyelids.
- Next, using the Laura Mercier All Over Eye Colour Brush, ($30), she applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Baroque, ($23) onto her eyelids.
- She added definition to her eyes using Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait, ($23).
- Then she lined her Huntington-Whiteley’s eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Stormy Grey, ($20) in an outward motion to create a cat eye. She used the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush, ($24) to soften the line.
- To intensify the smoky-eye effect, Blunder applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa, ($26) with the Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29).
- Using a clean Laura Mercier Pony Tail Brush, ($29), she applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink, ($24) on the inner corner of her eye and eyelid.
- Next, Blunder used the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Travel Brush, ($29) to apply Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café au Lait, ($23) along the lower lashline.
- After curling Huntington-Whiteley’s eyelashes with an eyelash curler, she applied generous coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara, ($24).
- Finally, she groomed her brows using the Laura Mercier Brow Grooming Brush, ($10) and added extra definition using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Ash Blonde, ($22).
- Blunder lined Huntington-Whiteley’s lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Baby Lips, ($22) and then applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Royal Orchid, ($27) to create the bold pout.
(Photo credit Getty Images)
Amy Adams 86th Annual Academy Awards
Nominee, Actress in a Leading Role, American Hustle
Makeup by Stephen Sollitto
Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a sophisticated makeup look for Amy Adams, who is nominated for “Actress in a Leading Role” for her portrayal of Sydney Prosser in “American Hustle.” He stated, “She wore a stunning sapphire blue Gucci gown, modern and clean. Obviously, I am inspired by this color and simply wanted the makeup to be just as sophisticated.” Below, he breaks down the steps he took to create her flawless red carpet look.
Sollitto prepared Adams’ skin using RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195). He stated, “I always moisturize with this product. This is the line I use on myself every day. Prepping the skin is just as important as the makeup you use.”
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (NEW – Coming Fall 2014) to create a flawless complexion. He noted, “This foundation is simple to apply with a wet sponge or your fingers. It’s long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don’t have to dust your face with loose powder, it’s built in.”
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to Adams’ lids and contrasted the look by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the star’s bottom lashes.
- To keep Adam’s eyes looking ”bright,” Sollitto dotted his “ideal champagne shade,” Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of Adams’ eyes.
- He applied Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the star’s upper lash line to make them “pop.”
- To finish, he applied Dior Black Out Mascara ($25) to Adams’ lashes.
- Sollitto applied the perfect “spring-like blush,” Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to create a look “that was flush with color.”
- Sollitto noted that he wanted to achieve a lip look that was “pretty, a little bit rosy and glossy.” He used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) which he described as “having the perfect punch I was looking for.” He then layered Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45) over it “for a bit of glamour to match the day.”
You can purchase the Laura Mercier products used to create these looks at www.lauramercier.com.