This year for the 83nd Annual Academy Awards, four of the most sought after hairstyles seen on the red carpet were created exclusively by Fekkai stylists using Fekkai products. For information on the hairstylist’s inspirations and the products used to achieve the look, see below:
Frederic Fekkai’s Adir Abergel tended to the tresses of Host, Anne Hathaway
INSPIRATION: A modern take on an Edwardian influenced style accented with a bohemian flair; a soft, loose style with beautiful shine.
1. Begin by parting the hair down the center and apply Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume Styling Whip to the hair from roots ends
2. Blow-dry the hair using Fekkai Round Brush.
3. Next, pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, making sure to cover the ears.
4. Then twist the ponytail into a loose knot.
5. The key is keeping it loose for a touch of bohemian flair. It’s almost like a draping around the face with wispy pieces of hair coming outsoftly.
6. Finish the look by spraying the Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out ‘the real Scarlett Johansson’ by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1) Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling. Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2) Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3) Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4) At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray
5) Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this action throughout, bearing in mind the way the root falls.
6) Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume
7) Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8) Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9) Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Awesome Fekkai news – their products are now available at Target! Woohoo! (It’s all I use on my hair). You can also buy them online here.