Iggy Azalea’s Slick Look:
You can’t go anywhere without hearing her name or one of her songs – Iggy Azalea has dominated the music world this year with pop hits and epic music videos (she even recreated Clueless!). Tonight, she dominated the red carpet with a slicked back, smooth and sleek style that complemented her custom metallic Versace gown.
Her chic, modern style was created by Celebrity Stylist Sami Knight, who wanted a sleek look to take her from the red carpet to center stage.
Whether you’re hitting a red carpet or just out for a night on the town, here are Sami’s tips to get this ultra glam look at home:
1. Spray Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist on freshly washed hair from root to tip
2. Work Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé at the roots to add a boost of volume
3. Section the hair and blow dry each section smooth with a paddle brush
4. Take the top section and blow dry smooth with a round brush to create more volume
5. Lightly tease underneath the top section with a tail comb for extra fullness
6. Then, take a soft brush and sweep the top section back away from the face
7. Finish with look the Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray to lock in the lift with a boost of body
Jessie J’s Sleek and Shiny VMAs Style
Jessie J is no stranger to defining and redefining herself, both with her music and her looks. This British beauty is currently topping the charts with the can’t-stop-singing pop sensation, Bang Bang, and continues to experiment with her favorite accessory – her hair.
After shaving her head for charity last year, Jessie J took to the MTV Video Music Awards red carpet with smooth, straight locks and a deep center part. Celebrity stylist Alisha Dobson created this sleek style to complement Jessie’s ethereal dress and natural makeup before she hits the stage for an epic opening performance.
To get Jessie’s frizz-free, glossy locks at home, here are Alisha’s tips to recreate this look:
1. Spray the Herbal Essences Honey, I’m Strong Silkening Spray on wet hair
2. Create a deep center part blow dry hair straight with a flat paddle brush
3. Mist the Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection Spray over the hair
4. Then, use a flat iron to smooth and straighten small sections until the whole head is complete
5. Lightly spray the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist over the part. Then, spray a bit onto your hands and work through the ends
6. Tuck the front sections of hair behind the ears
7. Tame flyaways and finish the look with a touchable hold with the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer.
Photos courtesy Herbal Essences and Marina Maher Communications