New York Fashion Week is officially here! In case you can’t make it to NYC, Mary Kay Celeb Makeup Artist Luis Casco is on the scene at Lincoln Center scoping out the hottest beauty trends to share with you and your readers.
Inspired by sapphire smoky eyes seen around NYC, Luis created a soft, smoky doe-eyed look called Blue Smoke that’s perfect for special daytime events, but can be easily adapted for night.
Follow Luis’ tips below to get this Fashion Week look at home:
- Start with an eye primer for serious lasting power.
- Sweep a shimmery champagne eye shadow onto lids as a base and across brow bone to highlight.
Using Limited Edition Mary Kay® Midnight Jewels Eye Color Palette in Sapphire Noir:
- Smudge the darker blue shadow along upper lash line and outer third of lower lash line.
- Apply the lighter blue shade from lash line to crease and blend upward to create a rounded shape.
- To really get that doe-eyed look, curl eyelashes before applying two coats of lengthening mascara to top and bottom lashes.
Focus on the eyes and keep the rest of the face simply glowing by lightly sweeping bronzer all over the face and applying sheer peachy blush on the apples of the cheeks.
Apply a nude lipstick like Limited Edition Mary Kay® Midnight Jewels Semi-Matte Lipstick in Pink Moonstone. Keep the look fresh with Mary Kay® Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia.
To take this Fashion Week chic look from day to night, use black gel eyeliner on your upper lids and add an extra coat of black mascara for some extra drama!
GET ALL THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED HERE!