The Top Knot is the ideal style for any occasion as it can easily be paired with a dressed up or down ensemble for the perfect look. Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Stylist, shares how to achieve this look:
- For best results, start with day two hair onwards as your hair will be easier to manage with an already ‘lived -in’ texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots mainly – this will give your hair more texture, grip and volume.
- Then mist a light hairspray throughout for some hold and grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Keep checking what it looks like from your profile so you position ponytail in the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly – this creates a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.
This creates perfectly disheveled topknot that looks ultra stylish and works for any event.
About: Jenny Balding
As one of New York City’s most sought after hairstylists, Scottish born Jenny Balding brings nearly two decades of experience in both the UK and NYC. Her salon, Fashion Week & editorial experience have shaped her into the expert stylist she is today.