Last night, Hailee Steinfeld walked the red carpet at the premiere of her latest film Ender’s Game. Hailee looked as glamorous as ever with help from Celebrity Makeup Artist Steven Sollitto. The Oscar nominee sported a fantastic, white sequined Yves Saint Laurent top with playful red lips, paired with tailored black pants for a polished, stunning look.
Here, Steven Sollitto spills his secrets to achieve Hailee’s flawless look as she walked the red carpet last night!
“Nothing can be taken for granted on such a big night,” Steven explains. “So, to make sure Hailee’s skin looked its best we started by using Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub to exfoliate and refine the skin. I can’t express how important a clean healthy canvas is for makeup. The Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub feels fresh, lathers beautifully, and smells clean. A little attention to your skin before a big night goes a long way.”
Here are Steven’s tips for creating the look:
- To make sure Hailee’s skin looked its best, we started by using Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub to exfoliate and refine the skin. I can’t express how important a clean healthy canvas is for makeup. The Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub feels fresh, lathers beautifully and smells clean. A little attention to your skin before a big night goes a long way.
- For moisturizer I used a Light Cream before applying a MAC Face and Body foundation, which I find works well on most women. Plus, this foundation allows me to go light or heavy depending on the area of the face.
- Originally we were going to do a wet glossy red lip to match the top. We all loved it but then thought about the longevity of the look. I didn’t want her worried about her lips as she was doing interview after interview, so we used the Jouer Riviera Gloss to help mimic the sequins of her top.
- To highlight the eyes, I used purples hues to bring out the gold in her eyes. To start her eye, I brushed shadow a bronze all across her lids and underneath her bottom lashes from Votre Vu called Copper Suede. Then, in order to give her some definition at her lashes, I used NARS Gel Liner in Tatar (this is a purple that reads black to most people, but it is softer) as well as MAC’s Strong Willed Pencil, which I smudged back and forth for a softer look. Next, I took a small but wide eye shadow brush and swept MAC Red Violet under her lashes and out at the corners of her eyes. I lined her inner bottom lids with Laura Mercier’s Violet Pencil. Two Coats of Benefit Bad Gal Lash in Black and her eyes were ready for those flashes on the red carpet.
- On Hailee’s cheeks, I can’t help but use Laura Mercier’s Praline Creme Cheek Blush – I just love the color. A very up-to-date choice in all its peachy apricot.
- With her hair pulled tight up in a sleek high pony, Hailee looked the young star she is.
Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub
A soap-free, creamy pearlized formula designed to lift away pore-clogging dirt and oil. The cleanser contains exfoliating microbeads to unclog pores and salicylic acid to prevent blackheads and breakouts from forming, keeping your summer complexion fresh and clear. $5.99; Select food, drug and mass merchant stores. www.Biore.com