The tousled trend is taking Spring 2014 runways by storm. It seems as though the less you care, the prettier the hair and that effortless beauty is definitely in.
John Barrett created a messy side braid with loose face framing strands that accentuated the wearable, classic styles from the designer for the Spring 2014 Holmes & Yang presentations.
HOLMES & YANG
Hair: John Barrett for Alterna Haircare, using Alterna Haircare products
Designer Inspiration: “For Spring 2014, Holmes & Yang presented classic styles with a variety of textures and lines. To complement the earthy brown tones of the seductive smokey eyes, I went with an effortless, laid-back look with lots of tousled texture. A wearable-do whether she is headed to an office meeting or about to embark on the ultimate travel adventure”- John Barrett for Alterna Haircare
GET THE LOOK: Tousled texture with loose face-framing strands, evoke your adventurous nature.
· Prep hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream by applying a quarter size amount throughout sections of your hair
· Follow with Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo (note: two new scents launching in October – Mango Coconut [Katie Holmes’ favorite] and Sheer Blossom) by spraying a liberal amount throughout the scalp. Use this technique to add texture to your hair and create a starting base. For extra wavy texture, spray Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray from the mid-section of hair towards the ends
· Next, spray Alterna Haircare Bamboo Uplifting Root Blast at the roots while sectioning hair and using a blow dryer aiming towards the scalp to hold the lift. Then, wrap one inch sections around 11/2 curling iron and hold for 15 seconds
· When done curling the entire head, shake up the curls with your fingers. The messier the better. Scrunch with Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray
· Push hair to deep side part then start French braiding hair from nape of neck twisting and adding sections to the braid till you reach the opposite ear and secure with a clear elastic. Twist and tuck the braid underneath by pinning into place with bobby pins.
· For a piecier look, pull out a few strands near the face and finish with the Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Micromist for a boost of shine.