Summer is the season for surf, sun, and showing off! Many women are focusing on getting fit for the warmer weather – but time spent in the gym can take a toll on your hair. Luckily, you don’t have to sacrifice style to break a sweat! TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D. has compiled his top tips to help you keep your hair in shape before, during and after your workout:
1. After you exercise, quickly blow-dry your hair to get rid of any excess moisture that may have accumulated during your workout. Apply TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (available in Volumizing, Smoothing and Color Care varieties), concentrating on the scalp and roots of the hair. Then, shake the hair out using your fingertips to evenly distribute the product. Your hair will be refreshed and ready to go.
2. To avoid the tell tale “dent” that seems impossible to flatten after a workout, try a loose topknot instead of a ponytail. Loosely twist the hair on top of the head, and secure with a few hairpins rather than an elastic. After your workout, release the pins and shake out your hair for a volumized look.
3. To protect your hair from breakage caused by tight elastics and hairpins, try holding the hair back from the face and shoulders with a handkerchief or cloth headband. This will limit breakage and will eliminate dents.
4. If you decide to use a blow dryer, flat iron or other styling tools, be sure to apply TRESemmé Platinum Strength Heat Protect Spray to shield your hair from harmful heat.
5. Next time you do a wash, use TRESemmé Platinum Strength Shampoo & Conditioner, which can repair up to two years of damage and leave your hair healthy, shiny and ready to take on all your summer activities.
I’ve been using this shampoo and conditioner for weeks now, and I’m loving it!! My hair feels so much healthier after using these. Considering all the chlorine and sun my hair is exposed to – that’s saying a lot!
Buy anywhere Tresemme is sold!