REVLON BRAND AMBASSADOR OLIVIA WILDE AT THE 2013 MET GALA
REVLON Global Brand Ambassador Olivia Wilde attended the 2013 Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, to celebrate the museum’s new exhibition, “Punk: Chaos to Couture,” in New York City on Monday, May 6th. Celebrity Makeup Artist, Melanie Inglessis, created bold eyes with a focus on heavy liner to complement Olivia’s Calvin Klein cut-out gown, for a sophisticated look with a punk twist.
“I wanted to play off this year’s Met Gala theme as inspiration for Olivia’s look,” said Inglessis. “Olivia has the most beautiful eyes so we really wanted to focus on that. We didn’t want to go too literal, so we opted for a classic black eye liner but double lined it with a white liner to complement Olivia’s white and black dress. To create the eye look I started with a black kajal liner and drew a beautiful, simple line with a very soft winged end. Once I was happy with the shape, I went over it with a crème gel liner to seal the line and keep it looking really black and bold all night. Next I used the white end of the kajal liner and drew a second line above the black on the upper lid. To finish the eyes I smudged a grey cream shadow into the lower lid, curled the lashes twice and swept on three coats of mascara for a tacky somewhat clumpy look.”
“For Olivia’s skin I started with primer to even it out, then applied foundation with a wet sponge to lock in moisture and create a dewy finish on the skin and topped it off with a bit of translucent powder on the t-zone. I then applied a matte bronzer all over to create natural contouring and definition and add a bit of a warm glow to the skin. To finish the look I applied a nude color to the lip using my finger to keep it very matte.”
Inglessis used the following products for Olivia’s red carpet look:
- Revlon PhotoReady™ Perfecting Primer, $12.99
- Revlon ColorStay™ Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin, $12.99
- Revlon ColorStay™ Pressed Powder in Translucent, $8.99
- Revlon PhotoReady™ Bronzer in Bronzed and Chic, $12.99
- Revlon ColorStay™ Smoky Shadow Stick in Volcanic (grey shade only on bottom lid), $8.99
- Revlon PhotoReady™ Kajal Intense Eye Liner in Carbon Cleopatra, $8.99
- Revlon ColorStay™ Crème Gel Liner in Black, $9.99
- Revlon Lash Potion™ Mascara by Grow Luscious in Blackest Black, $7.99
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede™ Lipstick in Private Viewing, $9.99
All products are available at www.revlon.com.