Look by Vera Steimberg for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Vera Steimberg drew inspiration from Saldana’s “amazing, glamorous” dress to create a 1920s-inspired beauty look for the star’s “Star Trek Into Darkness” movie premiere in London.
LIPS: Bold, red lips were the look’s focal point
- Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Portofino Red ($26) to Saldana’s lips to draw all attention to her pout, giving her a “bright, yet elegant final look.”
EYES: Steimberg balanced the dramatic lips with a “softer” look on the eyes
- First, Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso ($22) onto the lash line using the Laura Mercier Angled Eye Liner Brush ($20).
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracota ($23) over the entire eyelid and then applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Violet Sky ($23) to the outer corners of Saldana’s eyes.
- In order to give the eyes added contour, she mixed Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Bamboo ($23) with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground ($23) and applied to the eyelids.
- Steimberg added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
FLAWLESS FACE: Saldana’s skin looked “natural” and flawless
- First, Steimberg covered imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-6 ($30), which gave Saldana a natural look.
- Next, she lightly dusted Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight ($32) to set the concealer.
- Lastly, Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) to the apples of the cheeks and layered Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Spiced Cider ($24) on top to give the cheeks more color.