Congratulations to our winners: Jamie C, Crissy D, Maria C, Lisa S, and Jenna D. Watch your email inbox!
MakeHerUp is excited to launch a new giveaway, 5 readers will win a Biore Acne Clearing Scrub. Enter below.
Actress Emmy Rossum looked stunning at the Jeffrey Fashion Cares Fundraiser on Tuesday, April 2nd in New York City. Rossum’s makeup artist – Jake Bailey – shows your readers how to get her 60’s-inspired look:
“We wanted to create a mod look, but bring it into this millennium with really clean, glowing skin and a dramatic eye,” says Bailey.
To Get The Look:
- Create the perfect canvas for any makeup look – a flawless, glowing complexion – with Bioré® Acne Clearing Scrub ($6.49; drugstores nationwide). Bioré® Acne Clearing Scrub gently cleanses and polishes skin without harsh side effects or over-drying.
- Apply a sheer, lightweight foundation for an even glow.
- Accentuate the eye by lining the top and bottom lash line with a waterproof crème liner. Apply a thin line in the crease of the eye to further emphasize the ‘mod’ look.
- Using the same waterproof crème liner, paint tiny strokes between bottom lashes to eliminate the need for false eyelashes and create a retro feeling.
- Apply a strip of full, black false eyelashes on the top lashes to create a doe-eyed effect.
- Apply a coat of waterproof black mascara on top and bottom lashes to finish the dramatic eye look.
- Highlight using a radiant, creamy concealer in a light shade along the brow bone.
- Apply a satiny lip pencil, a shade or two darker than the lips’ natural shade, to accentuate lips’ natural color while keeping the look clean and modern.
- Apply a crème blush or bronzer to cheekbones rather than a traditional powder blush to keep cheeks dewy and fresh-looking.
- Finish with a dusting of matte powder in a transparent shade across the T-Zone to eliminate shine.