I am can’t wait for this movie! I have read to book more times than I can count and I’m excited to see how Baz Luhrman adapts it to film. MakeHerUp is excited to host a contest to win a “Great Gatsby” look from Mary Kay. All the products you need to recreate Daisy’s signature look from the film!
Find out how to recreate this look and enter to win!
The upcoming movie “The Great Gatsby” has everyone talking – and not just about the storyline! Beauties everywhere are buzzing with excitement as the 1920s motif promises stunning beauty looks and a decadent array of gorgeous flapper dresses, lavish furs and bedazzled barrettes and headpieces.
In anticipation of the May 10th premiere, Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity Stylist Lo VonRump and Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity Makeup Artist Marissa Nemes offer their top tips for achieving a head-to-toe gorgeous 1920s look reminiscent of Daisy in the remade “Great Gatsby” film.
Daisy’s soft, smoky eye
- Apply Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Metallic Taupe and blend a charcoal eye shadow like Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal over and into the eye crease
- Line the water and lash line with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Black, smudge the liner using a smudger brush and sweep Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal under the lower lash line to create depth
- Re-line the top lash line with Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner and apply a generous coat of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara for a set of heavenly lashes!
For Daisy’s iconic, bright red lip
- Apply Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock N’ Red for a vivid, glossy pop of color
- For a more versatile red lip, apply Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red. This lipstick can be applied as a balm, stain or a full bodied lipstick
- Layer a pearl rope necklace over a suit jacket or cocktail dress, stack gold and silver bracelets and don an oversized marcasite cocktail ring for a retro 1920′s feel
- Look for clothing in romantic lilac hues, floral prints and shades of pastel. Incorporate items with sequin, beaded and silk detailing to achieve a flapper inspired look
- For glam hair like Daisy, accessorize with art deco hair clips and headbands with feather detailing
- An art deco nail stands out and is on trend with 1920’s glamour. Try the “reverse French” manicure in black and white