Fekkai stylist Adir Abergel created an edgy ponytail for actress Kristen Stewart at the AFI Gala screening of her new film On the Road. Recreate the look by following Adir’s tips and using Fekkai products.
THE LOOK: An androgynous, roughed-up ponytail that looked great from every angle
- Begin by applying Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel through dry hair, focusing on roots. Using your hands rough up the strands to create as much volume as possible.
- Create a deep part and backcomb the roots to create height and volume. Spray roots with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to maintain shape and hold.
- Next, pin the top section of hair up and using Fekkai COIFF Nonchalant Piecing & Forming Wax pull the rest of the hair back into a tight, off center ponytail.
- After the ponytail is created rake back the top section of hair using your fingers and integrate it into the ponytail. Make sure to leave enough height on top to give it the desired shape.
- Brush the ponytail over shoulder to frame the face and balance out the volume. Finish the look with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to keep the style in place.
PRODUCTS ALL BY FEKKAI: Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel ($25), Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hair Spray ($23), and Fekkai COIFF Nonchalant Piecing & Forming Wax ($25). All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.