I just love Marchesa, the beautiful creations Karen Craig and Georgina Chapman that tend to the dramatic and whimsical. With lots of chiffon and lace, if I could play dress up this would be the closet! Marchesa Spring/Summer 2013 is simply stunning an interpretation of Indian glam and edgy romance.
The models looked amazing thanks to lead makeup artist Talia Shobrook of Laura Mercier
and her look “inspired by India in the 1960’s”.
Marchesa: Spring/Summer 2013 Collection
Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for this season’s Marchesa show, complemented the red carpet designer’s glamorous collection by creating a makeup look inspired by “India in the 1960s.”
Flawless Face: The look started with flawless, “illuminated skin.”
· Talia first prepped skin with Laura Mercier Repair Oil-Free Day Lotion SPF 15 ($95) and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating ($32).
· She then mixed Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation ($43) and Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($43) and applied the blend all over the face to create an illuminated base.
· Next, she concealed problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30).
· Finally, Talia contoured cheekbones and forehead with Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($32).
Enchanting Eyes: Gold specs highlighted the “opulence of the collection,” while “black opaque liner along the lower lashes modernized the makeup look.”
· Talia first gently applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat ($24) across the lid, and then contoured the crease of the eye using Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($32).
· Using the Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22) and Laura Mercier Tightline Activator ($20), she drew a clean, straight line across the lower lash line.
· Talia then applied a coat of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
· She finished the look by placing specs of gold leaf in the inner corner of the eye.
Simple Lips: Subtle mocha lips “fit for a 1960s Indian goddess” completed the look.
· Talia applied Laura Mercier Hydratint SPF 15 in Mocha Tint ($20) to the lips.