I just love Marchesa, the beautiful creations Karen Craig and Georgina Chapman that tend to the dramatic and whimsical. With lots of chiffon and lace, if I could play dress up this would be the closet! Marchesa Spring/Summer 2013 is simply stunning an interpretation of Indian glam and edgy romance.
Marchesa: Spring/Summer 2013 Collection
Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for this season’s Marchesa show, complemented the red carpet designer’s glamorous collection by creating a makeup look inspired by “India in the 1960s.”
Flawless Face: The look started with flawless, “illuminated skin.”
· Talia first prepped skin with Laura Mercier Repair Oil-Free Day Lotion SPF 15 ($95) and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating ($32).
· She then mixed Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation ($43) and Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($43) and applied the blend all over the face to create an illuminated base.
· Next, she concealed problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30).
· Finally, Talia contoured cheekbones and forehead with Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($32).
Enchanting Eyes: Gold specs highlighted the “opulence of the collection,” while “black opaque liner along the lower lashes modernized the makeup look.”
· Talia first gently applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat ($24) across the lid, and then contoured the crease of the eye using Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($32).
· Using the Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22) and Laura Mercier Tightline Activator ($20), she drew a clean, straight line across the lower lash line.
· Talia then applied a coat of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
· She finished the look by placing specs of gold leaf in the inner corner of the eye.
Simple Lips: Subtle mocha lips “fit for a 1960s Indian goddess” completed the look.
· Talia applied Laura Mercier Hydratint SPF 15 in Mocha Tint ($20) to the lips.