All eyes were on Lea Michele when she stepped onto the red carpet at the 2012 MET Ball yesterday evening. Celebrity Makeup Artist Melanie Inglessis was the visionary behind the starlet’s glamorous beauty look. Melanie put the focus on Lea’s eyes by lining them with a deep plum liner and then layered copper toned eye shadows on the actress’s lids. Using a soft crease brush, she blended the edges of the liner with the shadow to create definition and give that smokey eye effect. Melanie then upped the drama by swiping a dark eye shadow over the liner and added two coats of black mascara for a finishing touch.
To offset the intensity of the eyes, Melanie kept the rest of Lea’s face simple: she added a rosy flush of color on her cheekbones and opted for a natural lip, using a lipstick only to enhance Lea’s own lip color.
· Avon Eye Brightening Pencil in Honey Blue ($7)
· Avon Eye Brightening Pencil in Plum Berry ($7)
· Avon ExtraLasting in Extreme Black ($9.50)
· Chanel Ombré Essentielle in Mahogany 51
· Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Enrapture
· Avon Be Blushed in Icy Petal ($8)
· Kevyn Aucoin ‘The Sculpting’ Powder in Medium
· Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in Spiced Cream
All Avon products mentioned below are available on Avon.com.