Ricardo Rojas kept Jessica Chastain looking red-carpet ready this weekend for London’s star-studded events using Wella Professionals. Looking as beautiful as she did at the 2012 ELLE Style Awards held on February 13th, it is no wonder why Jessica Chastain was honored with the NEXT Future Icon Award. Read on for Ricardo’s tips and tricks!
Jessica Chastain Embodies Modern Goddess Beauty
Celebrity Stylist Ricardo Rojas Shares Red Carpet Tricks To Get Her Hair
Celebrity hairstylist Ricardo Rojas shares his styling secrets on how he created Jessica’s fresh new ‘do. The look was inspired by the 1950s Alexander McQueen dress Jessica donned for the event. “Jessica and I spoke a lot about texture, with a Renaissance influence. Her beautiful red haircolor is reminiscent of the 16th century, Leonardo da Vinci, very Boticelli-esque. So we drew on various inspirations to come up with this look, which ultimately I’d describe as young, youthful Renaissance.” The ponytail had a lot of texture and body to imitate a modern version of a Grecian goddess.
1. Prepare west hair with Velvet Amplifier for smooth styling.
2. Dry the hair perfectly using the Ricardo Rojas Tango Brush, separating the hair in small pieces.
3. Using 1/2 inch curling iron, section by section from top to the bottom, I curled the hair under.
4. Then spray each section with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to set each one and pin curl them carefully.
5. I let the curls set while her make-up was done.
6. I took all the hair down, removing the pins and gently brushed out the curls.
7. Using a ponytail holder with a hook in the ends, I secured the ponytail in place while keeping the frame loose around her face so there was texture in the front.
8. Finish with Stay Essential Finishing Spray to maintain the style.