The arrival of the New Year signals the creation of resolutions focused on emotional and physical enhancement. When it comes to beauty, some women like to deviate from a regular routine, hoping to spice it up for 2012. But, it doesn’t look like the natural makeup trend is going anywhere, and if we’ve learned anything from Jersey Shore’s Sammi Sweetheart, a dramatic make-under can be even more flattering than a makeover. Here, makeup expert Gail Sagel, CEO of FACES Beautiful and creator of the Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup, shares her tips for creating the highly sought-after natural-looking face.
When crafting a natural look, keep a few key things in mind. To begin, it is just as important to moisturize skin as it is to know one’s natural skin tone. Understanding one’s complexion is significant in choosing the best nude shade to enhance facial features. For example, if your skin tone is cool, choose something with pink undertones; if your complexion is warm, a yellow undertone would be best.
· Shade eyelids with a soft hand; shimmery colors can look especially flattering if they are not too dramatic. “Stila’s In the Light palate of natural colors is beautiful. It has a color range that could work for anyone and is absolutely perfect for blending,” says Gail. Use a coat or two of mascara, and a swipe of eyeliner if you desire, but stop there.
· An eyebrow expert, Gail suggests going for the bold brow to further enhance the look. “Stay in the same color family when you define your brow; a shade darker than your natural hue is sufficient. Use a shadow that basically matches your eyebrow, and blend upward with a small brush.”
· When it comes to foundation, keep it light. If you can get away without concealer, Gail encourages it. “I like to use products that highlight the skin rather than hide it, especially when creating a look of this nature. My go-to facial enhancer is FACES Beautiful Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup, which gives a flawless finish that leaves skin glowing.”
· For blush, stick to something that’s around your normal flush color. Gail prefers a cream blush here, which allows for better, more even blending. Gail suggests Smashbox’s Be Discovered Cream Cheek Trio, as the presence of multiple colors allows you to change your blush color by the season, depending on your tan.
Luscious, but Natural, Lips
· As previously stated, moisturizing is important. Make sure that you are lathering your lips with medicated balms that keep them healthy and in prime condition. Choose a color that is similar to the blush color used; this will tie the look together and also make it appear even more natural.
· “When choosing a lip option, you want something that has the thickness of lipstick without drying or the shine of a gloss. Choose a tinted lip balm, to keep your lips hydrated as well as radiant,” says Gail. Her favorite lip tint? Benefit BeneTint Lip Balm. “The combination of color and moisture makes it ideal for this look.”
According to Gail, “People are always surprised to see that creating a fresh face is just as complex as applying makeup for a night out. However, once you’ve mastered this technique, you can keep it in your repertoire for any occasion. And remember, the most important thing is to create a face that makes you feel as good as you look!”
For more information on Gail Sagel, FACES Beautiful and the Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup, please visit www.FACESBeautiful.com.
Follow Gail on Twitter at @FACESBeautiful and “Like” FACES Beautiful on Facebook to see the latest in beauty tips and trends.
Information courtesy of Gail Sagel, www.FACESBeautiful.com