Photo: mandaloo, Flickr
I vowed to be strong this year, I wouldn’t give in to my sweet tooth. Unfortunately the call of mini Twix, and snickers was too much to ignore. If you have been enjoying all the sugary Halloween treats as well here are some tips to keep your dentist from ever knowing.
Trick-or-treating is fun but that much sugar can be scary for your teeth. Check out Dr. Singh, funder and CEO of Arch Dental’s five tips for enjoying your Halloween treats!
1. Choose candy that melts quickly and can be eaten easily.
2. Have a glass of water after eating candy to wash away the sugar and neutralize the acid.
3. Avoid grazing on candy; it increases the time sugars are in contact with tooth enamel.
4. Have a treat with or after a meal, followed by a thorough tooth-brushing .
5. Time is of the essence when it comes to teeth and sugar. If not removed by brushing, or swishing with water, sugar from any source can increase the likelihood of cavities.