It is no secret that ladies love their beautifiers, but what you may not have known is now much. Women are purchasing a lot more makeup then they even realize. In this exclusive SELF survey, 2,000 readers revealed their makeup addictions and blunders—the truth about what they are spending, using and more.
- 1 in 3 women admitted they would rather gain 10 pounds they could never lose before giving up makeup.
- 91% of women splurged on new makeup last month
- 52% own more than 20 makeup products (not including skin and hair products)—and 25% own between 10 and 20
- 58% up their makeup routine when you’ve got a hot date
- More than half surveyed touch up makeup once a day.
- 40% put on between 5-10 makeup products every day. And only 4% don’t wear makeup at all.
- Over 35% of women are motivated to buy a new makeup product because they saw it in a magazine story, tear the page out and buy it
- 91% expect makeup to multitask as much as you do
- When looking for a “double duty” makeup product, 40% say sunscreen is the second aspect that’s most important
What they wear the most:
- 78% use mascara every day
- 66% say foundation is a daily makeup must
- 57% brush on bronzer without fail
- 54% say lipstick or gloss is a necessity
- 59% have 5 to 10 lip colors in your makeup bag right now
Where they shop:
- 48% prefer to shop at specialty stores.
- 41% buy makeup at drugstores
- 56% have gone months without replacing their mascara
- 55% admit to going to sleep with makeup on
- 53% never remember to wash makeup brushes
Why They Wear It:
- 31% reach for makeup to feel sexy.
- 27% say it makes you look professional.
- 24% wear it to show off confidence.
- 11% use makeup to get a mood boost.
What they want to work on:
- 82% admitted they need to go back to beauty school
- The three tricks they want to master: Applying liquid liner straight; layering eye shadows; choosing the right foundation
Find out more about the study here http://www.self.com/beauty/2011/10/best-beauty-tips-slideshow