I recently found myself at Target standing in front of the makeup – deciding whether or not I want to go with my trusty Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara – or if I wanted to try something new. I decided to give a new mascara a shot. I decided upon L’Oreal’s NEW Voluminous Million Lashes.
For lashes that look a million times multiplied and perfectly defined, there’s only one mascara – NEW Voluminous Million Lashes. The built-in Clean-Sweep Wiping System wipes the brush free of clumps leaving the perfect amount of mascara for an ultra-volumized clean lash look. The Millionizing Brush evenly thickens lashes from root to tip. The result? Lashes look so multiplied, so clean, it’s like seeing millions.
That’s a lot to live up to – no? Well, it was enough to sell me…. I hate clumps in my mascara, but not nearly as much as I hate flaking.
Anyway – so here’s my thoughts.
- It does go on beautifully and smoothly
- The brush is great
- It does make my lashes look great – but like I’m seeing millions? Not so much.
- It lasts all day – without flaking
- No clumps!
- Even though they market this as a fragrance-free product, it’s absolutely NOT TRUE. It’s very highly fragranced. In fact, it’s the only mascara I’ve ever used that had a fragrance so strong. The smell is a bit off putting, actually.
- The container is so light – I don’t see how there could be much mascara in there at all. I’m really curious how long this product is going to last. It seems like there isn’t much in the tube at all.
- It definitely DOES NOT do what it says. It doesn’t make my lashes look multiplied at all. It looks like my eyelashes normally do.
- This is silly – and isn’t really a huge con, but I was annoyed! When picking out which color I wanted – there were THREE BLACKS to choose from! 3!? Is that really necessary? Black, Blackest Black, and Carbon Black. There were no pictures to show how “black” each one was – so I just picked one – and ran with it. Do we really need 3 “blacks” L’Oreal? It’s so weird!
So here’s the real test… Do I love this mascara enough to switch from Lash Blast? Maybe…. Lash Blast (I don’t know what it is) has really been flaking on me lately. If there’s one thing I hate the most it’s mascara that flakes…it really bugs my sensitive eyes. And for some reason, I’ve noticed that Lash Blast has been flaking more on me lately. So maybe I’ll have to give this one a shot?
If you’ve tried it – I’d love to hear what you think!
$8.99 – retail