Just in time for spring come Hourglass Cosmetics’ Aura, water-based, liquid gel stains for cheeks and lips. The pair can be worn together or solo. Either way they imbue the complexion with an ethereal, transparent flush and can be used to simulate the 70s-inspired, Californian look seen on spring runways. If spring makeup is about looking effortlessly chic, then the Aura range is right on the mark. The products enhance, illuminate and highlight without color overkill.
“The Aura collection is the ideal prescription for those in search of a lighter, more natural look,” says Carisa Janes, Founder and CEO of Hourglass Cosmetics. “They offer a totally unique finish between a tint and a stain.”
This new Aura cheek stain is simply amazing! Its not too dark so those normally afraid of stains this is for you, it leaves the perfect tint to your cheeks that lasts. I tried the Petal color and its the perfect peachy blush and it went on great over my foundation. I love that the product is water based it feel great going on and I love how long it lasts.
Aura Cheek Stain – $45:
· Water-based formula with real staying power that gives cheeks a gorgeous lit-from-within glow
· Enriched with Vitamin E to help improve skin’s moisture retention
· Twist-click dispenser equipped with a sponge applicator for ease of application
· Free of oil, fragrance, and phthalates
· Available in three shades: Rouge (sheer rose); Flush (sheer red); Petal (sheer pink/coral shimmer)
The lip stain has been perfected! I love my Hourglass Aura Lip stain, the water based formula doesn’t dry my lips like some of the other stains I ‘ve tried. The great scent is a plus and I love the perfect tint it leaves my lips.
I have the Petal in the lip stain at first I worried it might be too orange but it comes out a soft peachy pink that leaves my lips looking natural but with a perfect pink color.
Aura Lip Stain – $26:
· Water-based, non-transfer formula offers a delicious wash of color, buildable coverage and a natural, semi-matte finish
· Beneficial ingredients include anti-oxidants like Vitamin E and Green Tea Extract plus an algae-based extract that addresses elastin and collagen degradation in the lips
· Flock tip applicator with a built-in twist mechanism for easy, even application
· Free of parabens, phthalates, fragrance and sulfates
· Available in three shades: Scarlet (sheer plum); Flush (sheer red); Petal (sheer pink/coral shimmer)
They are currently available at Sephora.com and will be launching shortly at Sephora, Barneys and HourglassCosmetics.com
Disclosure: Complimentary samples of the above mentioned products were sent to me for an honest review.