The stars of the new romantic comedy “Morning Glory” came together on Sunday, November 7th at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to celebrate the movie’s premiere. Leading lady, Rachel McAdams, looked stunning and sultry on the red carpet with tousled, textured hair styled by Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin. After collaborating with the makeup artist and wardrobe stylist on Rachel’s final look, Thomas chose to craft a sexy, voluminous coif with a punch of rock star glam as an unexpected and unpredictable anecdote to the star’s gray strapless dress.
To achieve this sexy rocker chic ‘do, Thomas shares a step-by-step how-to for the A-list actress’ style:
1. Saturate freshly washed hair with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray for heat protection and touchably soft volume.
2. Rough dry with hands and blow-dryer lifting random sections while twisting hair in different directions until very nearly dry.
3. Place hair in very large Velcro rollers in a brickwork pattern for maximum root lift. Complete drying with a diffuser then allow the rollers to cool and set.
4. Remove rollers and apply a sparse amount of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty through the ends of the hair. Apply another blast of heat with the hair dryer to work up the hair’s texture by massaging the roots with finger tips.
5. Part the hair low so that a big section of fringe sits asymmetric and falls sensually over one eye. To exaggerate the style and build up the shape, set the style with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper by spraying into the stream of hot air from the hair dryer.
6. Apply Sebastian Professional Matte Putty again loosening the look with your hands and defining the sections that give a disheveled but modern edge to the final look.
For more information on Sebastian Professional please visit: www.sebastianprofessional.com