Road Test Mascara
Real Simple tested over 70 contenders and settled on these under $10 standouts:
1. Best tinted: Hard Candy Curl Up and Dye Lash Curling Mascara ($6,
walmart.com): In edgy teal, aquamarine, and violet, this mascara looks cool,
not clownish, on lashes.
2. Most volumizing: Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara
($9 at drugstores): It makes lashes visible from yards away and comes off
easily with soap.
3. Best lengthener: Boots No. 7 Extreme Length Mascara ($8, target.com):
It’s all about the brush: The short, gripping bristles grab and coat every single
hair to create a long, feathery effect.
4. Best natural look: Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara ($9, drugstores): Dip
after dip, the brush maintains an even coat of color that never gets gloppy,
saturating every lash with a nary clump.
5. Most like false lashes: L’Oreal Paris Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara ($8,
drugstores): Even thin lashes got plump (but stayed soft), thanks to the bushy
Source: Real Simple Magazine