Congratulations Crystal! You are the winner of our Pulse DVD contest please watch your email inbox.
- There will be 1 winner.
- Winner will receive one Pulse Yoga I DVD
- Enter by leaving your name and email address in the comments!
- Contest runs Wednesday, 10/21/09 to Wednesday 10/28/09
- US residents only
- Please only enter once
- After the winners have been announced, you will have 48 hours to respond.
A basic yoga routine that introduces the Pulse concept of micro movements within a posture. Key areas such as abdominal, lower back and gluteous muscles are targeted. Alternating right/left pulse movements with free weights define and sculpt the upper body.
* Apply the use of free weights in novel ways to basic yoga postures
* Strengthen and tone key areas such as the abdominals, lower back upper arms and gluteus
* Teach core awareness
* Stretch chronically tight areas such as the hamstrings and hip flexors
What is Pulse Yoga
What is Pulse YogaPulse Yoga is a result of my personal quest to find yoga routines that accomplish much more than other yoga styles. A few years ago I was diagnosed with osteopenia. This is almost osteoporosis, but not quite. I was shocked as I have been practicing yoga for so many years and consider myself to be in very good physical condition. The doctor told me that I needed to do some sort of weight training program. I have never really liked working out in a gym, always preferring yoga. I also did not want to give up precious time allotted to my yoga practice, so I decided to incorporate free weights into my yoga routines.
As a woman in my 50’s, I also wanted more toning, strengthening and increased muscle definition, again without using machines in the gym. So, in addition to the free weights, I added micro movements that primarily target areas such as the gluteus muscles, abdominals, upper arms and lower back. These micro movements within the yoga postures are highly effective with results that are noticeable immediately.