Congratulations to our 10 winners; Ashlee Rae, Heather, Adrian, Crystal, Diane, Veedee, Nina, Maggie, KT, Karla. Please watch your email today you have 48hrs to respond to receive your prize.
Skin Cancer is the Most Common form of Cancer in the US…WHY?
· One million new cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year alone
· Skin cancer is 99% preventable
· Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States
Understanding how preventable skin cancer is, the fact remains that people aren’t using sunblock as often as they should. Most dermatologist agree, that people are applying less than the recommended 1 oz. of sunscreen – which translates to having significantly less sun protection than the indicated SPF value on the label. Below, please find recruitment efforts that are underway to encourage people to start wearing their sunblock.
New recruitment efforts to encourage people to wear sunblock:
The World of Text Messaging: To influence others to better protect themselves from the sun, Harvard University recently conducted a study that tracked reminder text messages to apply sunscreen. The studies showed that those who received daily text-message reminders had a significantly higher adherence to sunscreen application compared those who did not receive reminders.
Early detection is KEY…: NEUTROGENA® and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) have once again teamed up on a campaign to educate and empower people to take charge of their own skin health. Running from May through July, Choose Skin Health from NEUTROGENA® encourages Americans to regularly perform skin self-examinations, seek a free skin cancer screening from a dermatologist and protect themselves from the sun. Visit www.neutrogenaskinhealth.com.
Learn about sun protection and protect yourself in your own backyard: The Skin Cancer Foundation’s “Road to Healthy Skin Tour” Presented by AVEENO® and Rite Aid. Now through September, a free skin cancer screening tour is travelling across the country in a 38-foot customized RV and will be making stops in 80 locations across the country. The tour will be offering free full body skin cancer screenings conducted by local board-certified dermatologists that have volunteered their time. Educational material is provided that explains how to perform monthly skin checks at home, and the proper ways to protect the skin from the sun on a daily basis. In addition, AVEENO® Continuous Protection™ suncare products will be distributed. During last year’s tour, dermatologists found over 3,200 suspicious markings and detected 39 suspicious cases of melanoma. To view schedule and locations, visit www.skincancer.org.
News in Sun Protection:
· High SPF
– NEUTROGENAâ Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ with superior photo-stabilized Helioplexâ technology, offers the highest level of cutting-edge photo-stabilized sun protection technology and a one-of-a-kind blend of exceptional skincare aesthetics – it is the only sunscreen proven to protect against over 99% of sunburn damage
* Anti-Aging Sun Protection
– AVEENO® POSITIVELY AGELESS™ Sunblock Lotion SPF 70 for Face is formulated to help protect against future signs of aging skin. This sunscreen protects skin from the sun with the patented ACTIVE PHOTOBARRIER COMPLEXTM technology, which is engineered to deliver very high, very broad and photostable UVA/UVB protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Also includes Natural Shiitake Complex, an ingredient known to help enhance the youthful appearance of skin
* Sun Protection for Sensitive Skin
– NEUTROGENAâ Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60+ with PureScreen™ creates a barrier between the skin and the sun to provide instant broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. The advanced PureScreen™ technology contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients that are gentle on sensitive skin.
– PURPOSE® Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 is a light, water-based formula that offers broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) sun protection, gentle enough for sensitive skin, and recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV sunscreen.
* Sun Protection for Baby
– NEUTROGENAâ Pure & Free™ Baby Sunblock SPF 60+ with PureScreen™ features the highest level of SPF protection in a physical sunblock, it contains breakthrough PureScreen™ technology, a blend of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which are naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients known to be gentle on sensitive skin
– AVEENO® CONTINUOUS PROTECTION® Sunblock Lotion SPF 55 for Baby was developed specifically for babies’ delicate skin, this mild as water formula contains naturally soothing colloidal oatmeal and provides broad spectrum UVA /UVB protection; in 2007, this was the first sunscreen to receive the AAD’s Seal of Recognition
* Sun Protection for the Eyes
– ACUVUE® ADVANCETM, ACVUE® ADVANCETM for ASTIGMATISM and ACUVUE® OASYSTM offers the highest level of UV-blocking available to contact lenses and blocks 90% of UVA rays and 99% of UVB rays that reach the lens
* Protecting from Incidental Sun Damage:
– AMBI® EVEN & CLEAR™ Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 visibly reduces skin discoloration while providing sun protection with a photo-stabilized SPF 30
– LUBRIDERM® Daily Moisture with SPF 15 is PABA and dye-free with a formula that combines essential moisturizing elements with SPF 15 sun protection
– CLEAN & CLEAR® MORNING GLOW™ Moisturizer with SPF 15 is an oil-free facial moisturizer that smoothes and softens skin while providing protection from UV rays with SPF 15
Now for the Contest info!
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ with Helioplex®
Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ with Helioplex® offers the highest combined UVA/UVB protection. SPF measures UVB burning rays, while PFA measures skin-aging UVA rays. Now, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer® SPF 100+ is the only sunblock proven to protect skin from over 99% of UVB sunburn damage. Plus, with an unbeatable PFA, nothing provides better UVA protection.
Infused with a light, fresh scent, this elegant formulation is fast-absorbing, non-whitening, waterproof and lightweight. Neutrogena’s Dry-Touch technology provides an ultra-light, non-shiny finish and leaves skin soft and smooth.
- Non-comedogenic(won’t clog pores)
- There will be 10 winners!
- Each winner will receive one Neutrogena Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ with Helioplex
- Enter by leaving your name and email address in the comments!
- Contest runs Tuesday, May 19th – Friday, May 22nd!
- Please only enter once
- After the winners have been announced, you will have 48 hours to respond
- US Residents only, please