This year, tinsel town’s leading ladies are playing the part of laid back beauties, rather than over the top glam. Maybe the understatement reflects their respectful empathy to our sullen economy? Regardless, what we have seen so far at the Globes and SAG’s, and are sure to see at the upcoming Grammy’s and Academy Awards is refreshingly classic – with a little twist thrown in here and there…
Anne, Kate and Maggie – three standouts this year, for their mind-blowing talent and equally stunning beauty!
GET THEIR AWARD WINNING LOOK!
According to Barry Brian, Artistic Director of Empire Education Group, it’s very easy to get this look, but the key is to focus on two facial features at most, and play down the others. “What everyone looks at first is the eyes, but this year the eyes are less dark and smokey and more neutral. Opt for a more prominent brow to set the tone of the look and then balance the face with a great lip color.” Read on for more helpful tips…
- Brows – Brows should be strong, if there are some more sparse areas, fill in with a brow pencil and soften the lines with a q-tip or angled eye-brow brush.
- Lips – To get this retro pop of color, opt for a matte finish — the lips should never be frosted or glimmery, but fresh and romantic.
- Eyes – Again, keep them softer, not too stormy or dark. For the perfect sans shadow look, just swipe a darker liner across the top lid only and load up on the mascara!
- Skin – The skin should be translucent, dewy and alive. Matte skin on a red carpet always shows imperfections!
- Hair – Keep hair soft and flowy, whether as an updo with untamed curls in a chignon or long and lustrous, not pin straight or too tightly slicked back.