Tis’ the season to get festive and glamorous for those endless holiday soirees! But, when juggling two or three parties a week, it can be tough to keep up with a fresh and festive beauty routine. “This is the time of year when everything has that extra finishing touch, hair, makeup — the whole ensemble,” says William Hall, a recent graduate of Empire Beauty Schools, the largest chain of beauty schools in the country. “Makeup and hair should change depending on the formality of the event, but here are a few goods things to keep in mind when heading out on the party scene…”
- Keep your hair out of your face. Cameras are flashing constantly and people want to see your pretty face!
- If you have long hair, simple up-do’s are a no-brainer. Add a touch of bouffant glam by backcombing the crown of the head before pulling hair into a pretty, flirty pony, or into a “Sarah Palin” like French twist. It sounds funny, but it’s a great look that will always be around.
- If your hair is short, keep it slick and away from the face. If you don’t normally use a styling product, try one. You can transform your short work-day-do into a glamorous look with just a little bit of mousse.
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Make sure to plan ahead, especially if you are hosting an event. Most women are frazzled by the day of the actual event and don’t know what to wear, or how to wear their hair! Look up ideas online or in magazines a few days before.
- If your outfit is full of sparkles, sequin and is fire engine red – opt for a softer makeup look. Fresh skin, a soft pink lip and luxurious thick black lashes are a great compliment. If your outfit is more subdued or chic (think LBD!) then wow everyone with a smokey eye, or a deep red lip, but never both at the same time!
- This season hair accessories are the perfect way to add that extra pizzazz. Use a sparkly headband or jeweled hair pin to secure wispy flyaways. You can even create your own band with a pretty ribbon and bejeweled brooch!
- Always keep bobby pins, a red lipstick or pretty clips in your purse. When you get invited to a last minute party, you will have everything you need to get party ready, but quick! Adding something unexpected doesn’t take a lot of talent or time but always looks special.
Thanks Erin D.