I returned late last night from a fabulous trip to NYC. I was invited by our sponsor Glam Media on a whirlwind trip to live the life of a beauty editor for a day. First off I want to thank the beautiful and talented India and Susan from Glam for inviting me on this amazing trip. I am still not sure how they keep up the pace of this demanding and fabulous job I was worn out after just one day you are inspiring!
I flew in on Thursday and checked into the very chic East Houston Hotel, I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a hotel room all to myself without any kids or husband and let me tell you I loved every second. Our trip was filled with decadent dinners at WD-50 (with a meal prepared by Wylie Dufresne of Top Chef fame) and One Little West 12th yummy lunches and meet and greets with PR reps. I got to tour some amazing stores and salons that I will be reviewing this week and a I will be doing a very special contest.
One of our main reasons for the trip was to be part of a round table discussion to pick nominees for the 2008 Glam Network Beauty Awards a best of award for products that YOU get to vote for. I have some great new products to tell you about over the coming weeks and I will be trying them all first to give an honest review before you run out and spend your hard earned money.
On top of all that I met some great ladies who share our passion for all things beauty. Here we all are (pictured at 1am mind you) outside of One Little West 12th after a spectacular meal with VO5. Let me introduce you to some of the top beauty bloggers from left to right:
- Patrice from AfroBella whose beauty is only paralleled by her kindness, she was one of the first ladies I met on my trip and I enjoyed all the time I spent with her.
- Lianne from TheMakeupGirl my shopping and Sake buddy and possibly the only other person who thinks quoting Danny Noriega’s “Some people weren’t liking it” never gets tiring. A dead ringer for the beautiful Pam Grier, Lianne has me on a quest to find out how two ladies chained together can escape a silo.
- Down in the front we have Allison from Beauty Snob, with a web name like that you might expect a real diva, but Allison was as sweet as they come and helped me sneak out when I was too tired to keep up with the NYC life.
- I am behind Allison and all I can say is yikes note to self hide in pictures taken past midnight or retouch, retouch, retouch!
- To my right is Christina from ebeauty daily a beauty blog extraordinaire who has been typing about all things beauty since 2005 and was kind enough to share her knowledge with me. She has the best Southern accent you might ever hear and will keep you laughing until your sides hurt.
- Next up Tia Williams from Shake Your Beauty with serious blogging and industry credentials to her name and even a book she is still the most humble and sweet girl you will ever meet.
- Last but not least Teri from a Beautiful Makeup Search she is all class and writes on more beauty blogs than I can count. Even a undercover drug and gun bust on a passenger on her train couldn’t slow her down!
I had such a great time and MakeHerUp still being a newbie in the blogging world it was great to get to meet all these ladies who have helped turned this industry into what it is today. I can’t wait to tell you more about all the great things I got to experience on my trip watch for a lot more tips, pictures and contest! As for me I have unpacking to do.