Slowly but surely I loved it.

purity.jpg

When I try new products I tend to pick the ones with the most user awards, I figure if that many people love it shouldn’t I? After my Bliss face wash ran out I decided to try Philosophy’s Purity face wash, it had after all won Best of Sephora a few times. The first time I used it, it felt like I was washing my face with lotion and I was not impressed. I like a really squeaky clean feel when I was my face and this felt too creamy to actually be cleaning my face.

In order to really get a feel for it I decided I would keep using it for a week and see if it changed my mind. Each time I washed my face it won me over bit by bit I realized while it was creamy it left my face feeling really clean but not tight or over dry. Now my test week is over and I really do love this face wash. It’s gentle and creamy and leaves my face feeling squeaky clean without feeling like it will crack if I smile.

If you want to try Purity yourself a great way to sample is try the smaller travel size bottle like I did, it’s a much smaller investment up front and you can be sure you like it before buying the full size.

Purity Made Simple

What it is:
A highly-effective one-step facial cleanser.

What it is formulated to do:
Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

What else you need to know:
Purity Made Simple is part of a collection of Philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin.

$10.00-$40.00 Philosophy Purity Made Simple 16 oz

Comments

Comments

February 1st, 2008 at 1:05 pm

That’s odd. I had the same negative reaction when I first purchased it awhile ago. It didn’t seem to be doing anything, and the stuff smells kind of nasty! Maybe I should keep it up, though, and see if it grows on me.

February 1st, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Jenny I would definitely give it at least a few consecutive days. On the first day I thought there was no way I was ever going to like it but now it’s awesome and my face seems to be clearing up. I try so many products on my poor face sometimes it revolts but this seems to be calming it down.

February 1st, 2008 at 7:55 pm

YAY! I’m not the only one who hated it, but now love it! The results are what truly matters. I love that my face doesn’t feel dry… especially in the winter!!! I use a harsher cleanser at night to wash away the day, but this is a GREAT morning wash when you really don’t want to scrub and scrub. Plus, now I look forward to the smell each morning in the shower, it’s refreshing!

February 2nd, 2008 at 1:39 am

This is what I use every day. I like it because I have dry skin, and it’s the first cleanser I’ve found that doesn’t make my face drier after I wash it. I don’t like the smell, and it’s not an “exciting” cleanser, if there is such a thing, but it works well.

February 2nd, 2008 at 1:15 pm

I LOVE this stuff. While I often switch between this and Clinique, I did get my 19 year old brother addicted to it. He has chronic acne, and this is the only stuff that he will use religously that doesnt dry him out, burn his skin, or hurt his eyes. Its got the most relaxing smell… My biggest problem is now fighting over the bottle!

February 7th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Wow, I keep this one in the shower too. If you leave it on for a few seconds, it melts the makeup away. You have to leave it on for a sec, though. When I first bought it, I didn’t know that, and I was mad that it didn’t seem to be working. This is great for travel…