Tried it and I just don’t like it.

id_bare_minerals.jpg

I am always hearing how great bareMinerals and Bare Escentuals are for your skin and how flawless they make your skin look. So I decided I would finally try it out and started with the bareMinerals foundation but instead of flawless skin I think I looked more flawed.

A friend who is a big BE fan said maybe I need some of the other face powders they sell to use with the foundation for a more flawless look. I feel though that when I buy a foundation it should look good on all it’s own maybe enhanced by partner products but not dependent on them.I know a lot of people use bareMinerals and love it but every time I tried it I just wanted to take it off it made my pores look huge and my skin looked better with out anything on it.

bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

What it is:
A mineral-based foundation that gives flawless coverage.

What it does:
Made of only pure, crushed minerals from the earth, bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation looks like a powder, feels like a cream, and buffs on like silk, giving skin a natural luminosity while feeling as if you are not wearing any makeup at all.

What else you need to know:
The coverage is complete and is free of preservatives, talc, oil, waxes, fragrances, and other chemicals that can irritate skin and cause breakouts.

$25.00 Bare Escentuals i.d bareMinerals Foundation – SPF 15 Sunscreen

Comments

Comments

January 22nd, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Yes, I agree with you! It looked good for me for the first few months, but then I noticed that it really accentuated my wrinkles. And I’m not even 30, so I don’t really have many! I still used the mineral Veil though, in case my skin gets a little oily, it gives it a nice matte finish.

January 22nd, 2008 at 1:30 pm

I am with you! I bought it to replace my Mac powder and do not enjoy it at all. I think it actually makes me look older and my skin has been breaking out more than usual.

January 23rd, 2008 at 11:40 am

I know what you mean. It drives me nuts to see all the promos for BE. It contains both mica and bismuth oxychloride. Yes, both of these are “natural” but both are proven bad for your skin! I thought BE was wonderful at first, but then I got breakouts like you wouldn’t believe. Ever since I switched to Physician’s Formula’s mineral powder and I love it! Most people don’t even realize it’s causing their breakouts. (Sorry for the rant.)

January 25th, 2008 at 9:10 am

this product also made my skin look bad. My pores looked bigger than they are and I was so shiny!

January 26th, 2008 at 6:28 pm

omg, im so glad i read this! every time i looked at myself in a mirror with a lot of lighting, i thought…God my pores are huge, my skin is hideous, but now that i think about it, mayb it is a n effect of BE, cause im readin that all u guys had this similar reaction to it, so what shoud i use instead? i was thinkin physicians formula as well.

January 26th, 2008 at 6:29 pm

btw its weird that u mention u got breakouts, i get my skin drier instead, and i have suffered acne in the past, before i started controlin it, mayb its not BE thats caused ur breakouts

February 26th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I’ve been using BE since April of 2007 and I’ve had nothing but positive results. I have suffered with bad acne since the age of 10 and have tried everything from old school prescriptions including acutane to proactive. I’ve never been happier with my skin, and I believe it’s all because of BE. However, not all faces are created equal and what works for some doesn’t work for others.