Bare Escentuals Fans?

be.jpg

I still haven’t tried Bare Escentuals I’ve always wanted to, but when I get in Sephora I end up heading for familiar brands. I love the colors and I never have much time to apply makeup so the Bare Escentuals Fab in 5  looks like a perfect fit. Any Bare Escentuals fans that can give me the heads up on the best products to try?

Bare Escentuals Fab in 5 ($102 Value)

What it is:
A seven-piece collection to make-over your makeup routine.

What it does:
Fab In 5 simplifies your daily makeup ritual down to a few key items: an everyday palette of 100% pure bareMinerals shades for complexion, eyes, and lips; a how to steps for fabulous day and night looks; and extra tips for special effects. All this so you look your most fabulous in only five minutes, no matter what the occasion calls for. Get it together with this fast-track beauty plan, and you’ll love every minute of Fab In 5.

Set includes: .02 oz bareMinerals Soft Focus True All-Over Face Color (sheer coral-rose), .02 oz bareMinerals Finesse Glimpse (golden pink), .02 oz bareMinerals Morocco Glimmer (burnished brown), .15 oz Sugar Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish (rose glow), .06 oz. Tinted Mineral Veil (warm beige), Flawless Fan Brush, and Tapered Shadow Brush, and Bonus RareMinerals Treatment sample.

$52.00 Bare Escentuals Fab in 5 ($102 Value) Fab in 5

Comments

Comments

December 21st, 2007 at 11:51 am

Erin almost everyone I know has started using Bare Escentuals and they love it. I don’t have any of the items in the kit though. I use an overall color and mineral veil for a foundation. I’m not sure how the Soft Focus True All-Over Face Color or the Finesse Glimpse works for coverage and the exact way to use it. I love the radiance tones you can layer, and the eye shadows are really nice nd they have sooooo many to chose and blend. You should totally find one of the Sephora sales girls who knows the product well to show you how to apply it and try different shades.

December 21st, 2007 at 7:55 pm

I like the actual foundations, and some of the eyeshadows, and I want to try their “diamond” something or other kit…

December 22nd, 2007 at 9:14 am

Their foundation isn’t the best. Though they say it is waterproof, it’s not, because when it rains and hits your face, it leaves awful streak marks. =(

December 25th, 2007 at 11:15 am

It’s a great line if you have sensitive skin and no other options… but if you have large pours or any acne scarring, forget it. I tried to stick with it for the longest time b/c I thought I may just need practice in applying, etc… but it only looks its best in certain lighting. It almost acts more like a blemish highlighter when I try to cover a zit… it might be flesh-toned when I’m done, but it also has a weird, shiny film-like texture. I still like their mineral vein as a loose powder… and their “well-rested” powder can do a decent job for under-eye circles after a rough night.

I find Philosophy’s line of mineral makeup works wonders as an overall powder foundation and cover up. I wish they would extend the products.

December 26th, 2007 at 6:21 am

I quit using bare minerals because I found it accentuated the lines around my eyes and any dry skin areas I would have. I still use the mineral veil, though.

December 27th, 2007 at 7:26 am

I am not a fan. My skin is oily with large pores and this (any mineral makeup) made it look worse. it made me look very shiny.

December 27th, 2007 at 12:33 pm

I love bare minerals..well rested is great for under your eyes and bisque is great for covering up red marks and spots..they have great eyebrow tools as well..