Are clumpy eyelashes hot these days?

marcjacobsfashionshow04.jpg

Carmen Electra showed up at the Marc Jacobs Fashion Show yesterday sporting some very thick eyelashes.  My first reaction was “EW!” too much mascara! But then I thought – maybe times are changing! Maybe clumpy mascara is in style now.  Can it be?  Do people actually do this to themselves on purpose? (I’m sounding my age here…aren’t I?)

carmenelectramarcjacobsfashionshow04.jpg

Don’t want clumpy eyelashes? (Like me!) Try Maybelline’s Lash Stylist Washable Mascara!

800ls_model_xl.jpg

Why You’ll Love It
Exclusive V-Styling mascara comb sculpts and thickens lashes up to 65%.
Creates a unique new type of separation
Washable; also available in waterproof formula

800ls_xl.jpg

For Best Results
Comb mascara from the root to tip of your lashes for a bold, open-eyed effect. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes or Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.

Get it at your local drugstore…Or Target, my personal favorite store. :)

Comments

Comments

September 11th, 2007 at 5:23 pm

It’s too bad that Adriana Lima had FAKE eyelashes in the Maybelline add!!! Why do they do that? Isn’t that false advertising?

September 11th, 2007 at 6:04 pm

They put the mascara on top of the fake eyelashes.

*sigh*
I LOVE ADRIANA

September 11th, 2007 at 6:59 pm

Lash Stylist doesn’t work! It’s clumpy coming out of the bottle. Gross. I used it once before throwing it out… TRASH!

September 11th, 2007 at 7:45 pm

i will never wear anything but my bleoved diorshow! when i die they will have to pry it out of my hands.

September 11th, 2007 at 9:49 pm

I have tried that Maybelline “Lash Stylist” mascara…I thought it was terrible! It was too soupy. Maybelline’s “Define-A-Lash™ Lengthening Washable Mascara” is the best thing! And yes, DiorShow is amazing as well :)

September 12th, 2007 at 8:46 am

Frankly Carmen looks horribly fakey, depressed and bored all the time.. Clumpy lashes just adds to the general fugginess she exudes.

September 12th, 2007 at 9:32 am

Ive tried that Mascara it was horrible, it was like water…

September 12th, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Maybelline Lash stylist has to be some of the worst stuff ever. It took me soooo long just to “style” my lashes and was goopy and runny. I had to keep cleaning the wand just to get off the excess. It should not take someone 15min just to put on some mascara people!
I put it in the trash. YUCK! BTW, I think Carmen looks just fine. If she likes clumpy…good for her. It really does not look that bad on her.

September 13th, 2007 at 3:22 am

Rimmel has some good mascara. I love the new one with Lycra in it- the one in the purple-trimmed packaging. I also like their Magnifier- has a red plastic brush separate in the package, and a red cap that gets thrown away upon opening. I have very thin, sparse, light lashes, and both of these actually make my lashes look like something! PS… a lady started complaining recently about the truth in advertising deal with fake lashes in mascara commercials, so I think now they have to ad that they have the mascara on top of fakies. Gah, I wish I could put them on correctly! I can only do one eye well. So I wear a lot of M.A.C Fluidline.

September 15th, 2007 at 9:59 am

My favorite mascara is the SuperFULL mascare by Avon. I love it!

September 15th, 2007 at 9:27 pm

I noticed this horrifying clumpiness on the daughters of the Real Housewives of Orange County. and I said to myself, I hope these are jst idiots and not a new trend. NAST-AY!

September 21st, 2007 at 5:08 pm

this mascara is TERRIBLE. it goes on…ok, but if you try and do more then one coat it is sooooo brittle and dry it just clumps together! booooo for this!

October 10th, 2007 at 4:24 pm

This look is truly HIDEOUS! This is what older ladies do with their eyelashes. I worked with a woman in her 60’s & she did this to herself. This look is much worse looking in person than it is in the photos. This is not a trend that I want to see…EVER!

October 21st, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Ive been doing it to mine and i think it looks alot better ,i dont know why but it looks better on me than most to clumpy can be bad ..you can do the bottom and top if you dont pack it on just real light and soft so it doesnt go on to heavy…

October 21st, 2007 at 11:25 pm

i think any mascara with a brush would work like a charm, it would be imposible to leave any clups unless it drys to quick.